uphill access pERMIT
uphill access parking PERMIT:
This permit allows vehicles to park for free from 6am – 8:30am in the Gondola South, Beaver Run and Stables parking lots at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
1. Fill out the below application form.
2. Enter information for yourself and your vehicle.
3. You will NOT receive a confirmation email or physical parking permit. Your vehicle's information will be added to our Uphill Access Permit database.
4. You will be able to park for free in the Gondola South, Beaver Run and Stables in the morning hours from 6am – 8:30am.
uphill access guidelines:
Non-paid/Uphill users of Breckenridge Ski Resort assume all risks associated with access. The ski area is not maintained for uphill access and trails are not patrolled outside normal ski area operating hours, therefore emergency services may not be available. Ski area operations are 24 hours and users may encounter vehicles, slope and trail maintenance activities, snowmaking, and other hazards not typically present during operating hours. Users are subject to the Colorado Ski Safety Act. Users must abide by the following rules:
1. Uphill access is only permitted outside of public operating hours – from 5 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. All uphill users must be clear of the mountain by 8:30 a.m.
2. Stay on designated routes:
Peak 7: Fort Mary B > Claimjumper > Lower Forget Me Not > top of Independence chair - return down the same route.
Peak 8 Base > Springmeier
Gondola Ski Back > Lower 4 O’clock > Springmeier
Lower 4 O’clock from town > Springmeier
All uphill guests on Peak 8 must be at or below Vista Haus by 7:45 a.m. due to ski patrol work.
Peak 9: Silverthorne > Lower American > Bonanza > top Beaver Run chair or top of Mercury chair - return down same route.
Peak 10: Silverthorne > Red Rover > Crystal > top of Falcon chair – return down the same route.
Peak 6: Closed to uphill access for the 2018-2019 season.
3. Avoid all areas where machinery is operating. Snow Cat winching operations may be in progress. Strobe lights mean stay clear and avoid the area altogether.
Call the trails/winch cat hotline at 970-547-5627 before accessing the mountain. This number provides important information about seasonal restrictions and ski area operations that may impact access.
4. Stay off all posted CLOSED trails and areas. Stay off Black Diamond terrain. Stay off all Terrain Park features and jumps
5. Obey all pertinent signage.
6. Stay towards the center of the trail.
7. Guests should maximize visibility and position themselves to be visible from above; wear reflective or brightly colored clothing.
8. Once up the hill, no one may ride a lift without a valid ticket or season pass.
9. Dogs, other than Service Dogs, are not allowed.
10. Please be advised that fat tire biking and/or mountain biking is prohibited on the mountain during the winter season, both during daytime and nighttime operations.